Friday, July 3, 2009

Strange Days and the Passing of Time

I have no excuses besides some laziness for not posting anything here in over a month. Time just has a way of accelerating sometimes, doesn't it?

In the past 6 weeks, I have been (mostly) more happy than I have in the past 12 years.

baby geese with guardian, Presque Isle, late May

Dan has moved out. The sad part of that for me is that Liam is staying mostly with him for the summer. This is good for Liam and I know Dan will take decent care of him. It's just that Dan and I differ widely on what is appropriate and not appropriate for an eight-year-old boy, so when Liam comes back to me full-time for the school year, I'm sure I'll be faced with a very spoiled kid. No matter, though, I'll face that when I come to it.
In the meantime, I busy myself with working and taking pictures...
Waterfall at Wintergreen Gorge, Early June
and I have found a friend to have adventures with. (This would be a big part of the reason for my current state of happiness.)

At Rimrock Overlook, early June

Meanwhile, the kiddos seem to be adjusting just fine. Less tension is always a good thing for everyone.
At Cook's Forest, mid June


Emily and I are getting on well...she's attending summer school for Geometry so she can move on with her current math track in the fall. Her pierced lip still bothers me some.

At Presque Isle, mid June



And I am adjusting to this new sensation of calmness. I think this is what life is supposed to be like. The song I chose for this entry is called "Light and Day" by The Polyphonic Spree. One of the lines is "just follow the day and reach for the sun." Good advice, right?Sunset, late June.

10 comments:

Lou said...

Aw, Amy, you look so pretty in that photo of you and Em. I don't think I've ever seen a goose and goslings! And it does seem good for Liam to be with his dad this summer. Thank you so much for this update on your life. I bet I'm not the only one happy for you. :)

Kelly said...

Welcome back. It's hard to stalk someone when they don't blog enough. Don't tell Em, but I love her lip ring. I'd have one, too, if I was 15 years younger. I'm interested in hearing more about your new friend, too.

Cindi Koceich said...

I hear you on the business!!!
Love the slow shutter on the waterfall shot, and the sunset shot is beautiful!!

Reds said...

Beautiful nature shot! Glad to see you posting and glad to know you are happy!

Nicki said...

Lovely collection of shots. Glad to read that you are finding the silver lining (so to speak)of what I suspect is a tough situation. 15, heck, all of teenage girl years are like a roller-coaster of emotions and if the pierced lip makes her happy and she isn't pushing for a face tattoo - just look at it for what it is - her way of exerting her independence at the same time exploring her own style. (easy for me to say, my 16 year old daughter doesn't tolerate pain - no piercing for her!). Enjoy some YOU time this summer.

Jess said...

I am SO glad to hear things have calmed for you... what an awesome feeling! Everything is working out the way it is supposed to, huh? {{{hugs}}}

Angela2932 said...

Welcome back! I'm glad life is feeling so much better. And one great things about piercings is that they heal up if/when you change your mind (so a pretty minor "wildness" after all; but again, shhhh, don't tell her how minor it is; let her think it's really an outlandish walk on the wild side!)

Suzy said...

Glad your back! I understand about how time can fly when you get off track! Great post - you look beautiful as does Emily!

Lou said...

It's July 14th. So. Happy July 14th!

Elsie said...

That photo of you and Em is stunning! I'm just here to say hello, friend.