Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Jesus with a Sense of Humor

At St. Bonaventure Cemetery, I managed to find a few statues and headstones that made me giggle.

This one doesn't seem funny at first glance, but when you look more closely....

Why does it look like Mary's left breast is exposed??


Also, why does Jesus have the body of a baby, but the head of a man? And what the heck is going on under his gown?




Nearby, I found a crypt with some busts on top.



Very realistic...



And very creepy. This one reminds me of the old preacher man from Poltergeist 2: "You're all gonna die in there!!"


And finally....I know it's not intended to be funny, but check out Jesus as Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump.

14 comments:

Kitten said...

The female bust in that photo looks like Sophia from Golden Girls!

Sharon said...

Oh my! I think that is one creepy cemetary!

pat said...

Amy, I just can't get over the things you find in cemetaries. Your eye for details is astounding!

Nicki said...

HHHHHAAAAAAHHHHAAA! Oh my gosh, I am so ROTFLMAO on these last ones. Okay, you are forgiven your few day absence.

Anonymous said...

OMG I laughed at these. Those busts are cool in a creepy sort of way!

Anonymous said...

OMG I laughed at these. Those busts are cool in a creepy sort of way!

Kelly said...

What is up with Lt. Dan's protruding nipple in the last pic?

Bobbi said...

Oh my gosh where do you find these?! The poltergeist had me cracking up.

bprincephoto said...

Love it!! I never thought to look for funny things in a cemetery before. Great eye.

shirley said...

OK, you have me laughing here - esp that last one. Cool captures.

dmack said...

ahhh, those nipples.

they don't know it yet, but they have been granted a glorious freedom!

run shirtless! it's a head start!

the rest of us will have shirts ripped off soon enough...

Lou said...

Hilarious!!

Amy said...

Wow, you have the most interesting cemeteries, I've never seen any like these. I'm going to have to get someone to go with me and visit a few, I'm too chicken to go on my own! And I really like how you put the pics of the people you referenced. :)

dmacK said...

i found a great photography site that actually updates!

http://lizstableinphotos.wordpress.com/