Thursday, August 6, 2009

Name that Bug

As we were walking up some of the hundreds of stairs at Watkins Glen, we spied this strange beetle.
He was black with an iridescent, almost coppery sheen.

He was pretty docile, not trying to get away, even when I picked him up to move him to a safer location so he wouldn't get smushed.
Anyone know what he is? I looked at a couple of online guides but couldn't find anything similar.
Special note to DMack, regarding your query in yesterday's comments: No, they are not matching Chucks! Mine are grey lowtops and his are black hightops. :-P

8 comments:

Suzy said...

That beetle gave me the creeps! Seriously I just shuddered.. twice!

Lou said...

Let's see. I'd say that's a BEETLE! LOL Excellent close-ups.

Reds said...

Ewwwww - thanks for sharing... I think!! ;) Great shots!

Mandy said...

Phew...I got the creepies just LOOKING at these pictures. Wow.

Anonymous said...

I think it is a very creepy bug! Nice shots, though.

Angela2932 said...

Yuk! Gross! I think it's called "icky." I'm glad you spotted this OUTSIDE and not somewhere like in your bathroom while your standing there in bare feet!

Amy said...

Great shots, but there is no way I'd be touching that bug! :)

Suzy said...

Days later and this still makes me shudder ---- thought you should know lol..