Sunday, January 3, 2010

Patterns

Wasn't the moon AMAZING the other night? I got out my telephoto lens and tripod and managed to get a couple of really cool shots!


OK, just kidding. That's not really the moon. It's frost on my storm door. But still pretty cool, no?
What drew me to take these shots was actually the different patterns and formations I could see in the frost.
And if you know anything about me at all, you know I find symbolism in almost anything. I think too much.

So the patterns I saw here made me consider patterns in general and how they're found throughout our lives. One of my resolutions (kind of a necessity, really) this year is to be more introspective and not so impulsive. I need to do this in order to identify patterns and stop making decisions that can sometimes be very wrong.
But in addition to that, these are just pretty, I think.



15 comments:

Jackie's Shot said...

lol. You had me going for a half of a second. lol Really great shots. ~Jackie

CindyTykie said...

Cool shots!

Lou said...

Haha, you really had me there for a minute. Those are beautiful shots, even if they aren't the moon. :-)

Chell said...

LOL you crack me up. REALLY cool frost pictures though and amazing patterns

bprincephoto said...

Cool shots.

janett said...

Ha, I was about to get jealous! Our blue moon was covered in clouds the whole time! :(

Jodie said...

Ha you got me too! Great shots!

Anissa said...

I was like Wow those are some great shots of the moon. LOL
Those are some great shots -- love the patterns in it. TFS

Jami said...

LOL! Awesome shots. :)

Bobbi said...

Wow lol..I missed the line the first time about it not being the moon and saw it in my "These are incredible!!" 2nd read. You are too funny.

Reds said...

You got me too!!! Great shots!

Margaret said...

Love those patterns! So intricate...and you did fool me for a minute about the moon, too! :)

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

What very cool patterns. Nice shots.

tori said...

These are really cool. You could make some cool textures out of these.

Lou said...

Yep, they are perfectly lovely.