Saturday, February 7, 2009

Warming Up....just a little....

It may not seem like it, but Spring is coming.

We had a veritable heat wave today with a high close to 50 degrees...maybe over? It's 46 as I type this. I had to work until noon and then we took a drive to Allegheny in New York.
To be completely truthful, sure, I could see much the same scenery around here (snow, ice, creeks), especially at this time of this year since we weren't hiking or anything, but I just needed to get away for awhile.
So we stopped for lunch at this fantastic greasy spoon (I can practically feel my arteries clogging up as we speak) and then drove around the park for a couple of hours, stopping for photos when the opportunities presented themselves.
The kids got to see the same jarred fetal deer I've been horrified and fascinated by since I was a kid. (In the Administration Building Museum, I mean ... it's not something I carry around with me or anything.)And even though we didn't see anything spectacular, it was nice to get out and take some pictures again.

23 comments:

janett said...

I like them all but that 5th shot is awesome!

Unknown said...

Love #2 and #3. Isn't it great that spring is near. We got to 63 today. And the next week is supposed to be nice too. Great shots. TFS!

--sme said...

What beautiful shots! Very serene and calming.

Sharon said...

Great captures!

Jackie's Shot said...

Great shots. Sorry to see yoou have not been feeling well. I have not been keeping up with my blog lately either. ~Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hey! See the profile of the girl's face in the second photo, there in the melting ice? See her eye? Spooky.

I love, love the vanishing point in the fifth photo.

And where's a picture of the deer fetus???

Danielle said...

These are beautiful photos.

Danielle said...

These are beautiful photos.

Mary Ann said...

Amen, sista - cabin fever sux. Looks like you were loving outside!

Anonymous said...

Lou--I saw the same thing--lower left of center! Nice to have you back, Amy

Jodie said...

what lovely photos!

Suzy said...

Beautiful shots! I especially like the first one and the words "spring is coming"!!! woot woot!!! I hope you feel better Amy!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

The first one especially is so great! I feel chilly now.

Linnao said...

These are beautiful! TFS!

Reds said...

Love to hear that Spring is on its way! Beautiful captures!

Jess said...

Aww, and no photo of the fetal deer? J/k, I don't want to see it really! LOL. We had the same "heat wave" the past couple of days- it's been so nice to be able to go outside without freezing half to death! Of course it makes for a big muddy slushy mess but I'll take that over the alternative any day! ;)

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos and I love the spring melt . . means spring is near!

Amy said...

Great shots, my favorite is the second one, the creek leads my eye right into the photo! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy six days after Valentine's Day!

:D

pashel2 said...

Nice photos! At the risk of invoking your wrath, did you realize that the correct spelling if you are at Allegany State Park is Allegany? (not Allegheny) (Shut up Mom!) right? lol. I do remember that yuchhy deer fetus. One more instance of imparting terrible memories to my poor kids! lol I love you. I hope you feel better soon and can do more picture taking. You have a real gift.

Anonymous said...

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Hi cutie.