Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Cardinal Sin

Couldn't sleep last night...I dozed in fits and starts and finally got up for good at 3.
5:30 am found me at the corner of 2nd and State, thinking I'd take some shots of downtown as the light started to come...maybe the workers filtering into Hamot...maybe that courtyard behind Modern Tool Square with all its secret spots.


And then the camera beeped at me to tell me that I was an ass for not bringing an extra battery or checking to see how much battery life I had left before I left the house. So I hung my head in shame and drove back home in defeat.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite time(s) of day are dawn and dusk. The colors are so much more saturated when not washed out by the sun. I'd love to see what you come up with next time, with an extra battery or two!

Jess said...

These are SO COOL- I love that electric blue of the almost-dawn sky, and the black silhouettes of the cityscape. :)

Stephanie said...

These are so cool! Sucks your battery went dead though!

Margaret said...

Sorry your battery died, but you got some awesome shots before it happened! Love the blue in these. Wow!

Becky said...

I do that all the time--not the getting up early to photograph part (because hahaha) but the dead battery part.

shirley said...

You still got some cool shots - that electric blue and the road.

Elsie said...

That is an amazingly beautiful shade of BLUE! Can't wait to see more from you!

Lou said...

The silhouettes, the lights and reflections, and the shocking blue--all worth leaving the house before dawn. Try not to let worries push you around.

Lou said...

Happy Mothers Day!