Sunday, May 3, 2009

Abstract Art

So last weekend I stopped by Asbury Woods and made my way around the boardwalk to the swamp. As per usual, there were frogs, ducks, turtles, etc. But what I found more interesting this time was the intricate array of patterns in the algae and duckweed on the water's surface.
I love the reflection of the light in this one, and the dead brown leaf in the center.This one looks like a painting to me.

And this one is maybe some kind of weird Rorschach test.
And okay...I was at the swamp. So maybe one frog.

13 comments:

Sharon said...

Cool captures!

Mom2Drew said...

Ok, who knew that could look so cool? Certainly not me. Awesome patterns.

Lou said...

Each one is an impressionist painting. Love that froggy face!

Jess said...

Those ARE cool! I've never really looked at algae and duckweed very closely- and what a cute froggie! :)

Erika said...

Sooooo cool!! I love that blue and green together!

Michelle-J said...

Wow! You managed to find beauty in a swamp--you go girl!

Reds said...

Cool shots - never thought a swamp could be beautiful!! :)

Angela2932 said...

Such an emerald green! Strangely, not all the photos came through on my computer. . . I'll try back again later because it might be me:(

Angela2932 said...

It was me! Glad I didn't miss any of them, because these are ALL so intriguing!

Amy said...

Wow, the colors in these are just beautiful and so vibrant! I'd be thinking a frog might jump on me though and that would not be good! :)

Tori said...

very cool textures and colors!

Elsie said...

These are cool! Love the green bubbles and that slightly perturbed looking frog.

Anonymous said...

Построить дом можно и своими руками. Но, сказать по правде - это не будет очень быстро, тем более, если у вас нет достаточного опыта. Ввиду отсутствия опыта дом будет строится медленно и возможно допущение определенных ошибок. Лучше доверить строительство профессионалам.