Monday, May 11, 2009

This is the Forest Primeval

On Saturday, Em and I took a ride to Allegany State Park and circled back via Kinzua and Warren. Across from the Kinzua Dam, there's an access area where you can hike among boulders and a long waterfall.

We didn't climb very high; we didn't have to.
The forest smelled like spring and new growth. Everywhere you turned, you could find more pockets where the waterfall was streaming out around the rocks.It was so beautiful and peaceful, I found myself wishing for a moment that I could be a leaf or something, and just let myself get carried away.

12 comments:

Becky said...

So pretty. I love waterfall shots. Sounds like a nice mother-daughter time.

Mom2Drew said...

Gorgeous! Love the use of shutter-speed to "slow that water down."

Lou said...

Absolutely lovely. The falls look like veils. It is good to know that you and Em had some quiet time together.

Mandy said...

Wow...I love the softness of the water...especailly on that last one.

Jess said...

What a beautiful place! I can almost hear the waterfalls now... so peaceful!

Margaret said...

Ooooh, that silky soft water is beautiful! What a wonderful place to be and to take pictures!

Bobbi said...

So gorgeous, I just love the calming effect even just looking at pictures of flowing water can have.

Suzy said...

What a gorgeous place! Beautiful shots!

Elsie said...

Beautiful!! Looks like a great place for you and Em to relax for a bit. :-)

--sme said...

These are GORGEOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very soothing to look at. You've got some natural talent! Thanks for stopping by my blog to visit! Come back anytime!

mon@rch said...

amazing!