Sunday, May 4, 2008

I'm a bad person.

I have a genuine sense of guilt over not having posted anything here in the past couple of days. If only I could figure out how to add a couple of extra hours to the day, you know? Things have been busy.

I DID go to Marcy's crop on Saturday, and I did have fun! I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but I managed to complete 7 layouts. I found it enjoyable, but as I predicted, I don't have much desire to do anything scrap-related today. There were lots more challenges I could have completed over at ACOT, but whatevs. I'm on second shift this week and I plan to get down to the peninsula tomorrow morning. I wish I could go early, but alas, the kids have to get off to school first and Liam doesn't leave until almost 9am.

I took some pictures at the crop. There was a tree outside with the most beautiful hot pink buds, and it had just finished raining, so I took some of that. I'll share those tomorrow. Tonight, you need to see the wallpaper in the storage room of the Masonic Hall.

The Masonic Hall in Union City is where the crop took place. Kelly and I got up to our usual hijinks, and I'm quite sure many of the ladies there were shaking their heads at each other and giving each other wide-eyed looks, wondering who the two loud freaks were. Yep. That's us. We're the ones people are talking about when they post cropping horror stories on the various message boards.
Anyway, the wallpaper. It's so hideous it's beyond redemption. I want it.
Here's a wide shot, so you can get the whole effect. In this case, however, I genuinely believe that the parts are greater than the sum, if that makes sense.

Look out, Mr. Pheasant! There are hunting dogs nearby!


Look! Here they come!

Here we see the vigilant spaniel about to retrieve some rare Blue-headed Swans. Or are they geese?

This particular Blue-headed Swan will live to trumpet (or whistle, or honk) another day.

The turkey is smart, and already on the wing. Hopefully he doesn't require the use of his right leg any longer, as it seems to have detatched.


And here's one last look at the whole thing again, just so you can relive the magic without having to scroll up. Sweet dreams!

No comments: