Sunday, May 11, 2008

No trip would be complete without a stop at the cemetery.

Peek-a-boo!



As I was saying, no Smith Family Outing would be complete without a trip to the cemetery.


OK, I'm exaggerating slightly. We don't always stop at cemeteries, but when the opportunity presents itself.....


We've noticed this cemetery from the highway on previous trips to Allegany. It's located at the exit for towns called Steamburg and Onoville (!!). Yesterday, we decided to stop off and explore a bit.



I think the best find of the stop was this headstone marked "Emily."

(Aside to Elsie and Lou: It's got that pointer finger. Going UP!)


My Emily liked it too, and insisted I take several shots. You know me. Always happy to oblige!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo, hoo, hoo--gothic Emily. Love that shot.

Anonymous said...

Love the new header. It has Amy stamped all over it--cool, edgy.