Monday, December 29, 2008

Although it's been said many times, many ways...

Merry Christmas to you. Albeit a belated greeting, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We had a great day here at the Smith household.

Here's the tree after Santa had made his stop...

Liam's favorite stocking stuffers: Slim Jims and a Hershey's Special Dark bar.
When you were a kid, did you go for the biggest present first, or try to save the best for last? Liam's an impatient type, but I fooled him. The big gift was hidden back behind Mommy and Daddy's stuff.
Em got mostly cash and dvd's...she was happy. In order to further my own enjoyment, I wrap the cash in odd denominations in various size packages. I'm not above shoving canned goods or other supplies inside a box just to add some weight and heft to it either.
Dan's favorite present was hilarious....I had to order it from Home Shopping Network. It's that Big City Slider Station, endorsed by the always-apoplectic Billy Mays. It makes 5 little burgers at once. Joy!
After Mom and Dad were done opening our gifts, I prolonged things by getting up and putting the turkey and ham in to cook. Then I pulled a "Christmas Story" bit on them and "found" a couple more boxes back behind the tree while I was cleaning up the wrapping.They were pretty darn excited about the Wii....the thing hasn't gotten much rest since Christmas day! Hope all of you had a wonderful day in whatever way you celebrate.

22 comments:

Krista P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krista P said...

I deleted my first comment - getting my POTD windows mixed up!

Looks like you had a LOT of fun.

Becky said...

Looks like a wonderful fun family Christmas! We surprised the kids with a Wii last year by putting "To Baxter (our dog) from Santa" on it.

Sharon said...

Beautiful tree. Thanks for sharing your Christmas!

Rachael said...

Beautiful tree! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas.

lcp said...

LOL, you are a tricky Santa! I love how you hide and disguise the gifts! Looks like lots of great memories were made. Happy New Year!

Kelly said...

I've missed you!!!! It looks like you had an awesome Christmas! We'll have to get together soon...you bring the Big City Sliders and I'll make the dessert with our new Pancake Puff pan!

Angela2932 said...

What a great present! And I like the way you recreated the experience for us, pulling us into it with your photo-journalism, saving the guitar hero for last!

Unknown said...

Nice tree. Love all the Christmas photos and will miss them dearly til next year. Great captures, TFS!

Mom2Drew said...

I cannot wait to try the Wii Santa brought us. We're in Florida and not home to play, it's killin' me seeing all these Wii shots.

Anonymous said...

You just love plot, don't you? LOL

Wonderful photos of the family looking very happy. Tell Em her glasses are tres cool.

pat said...

Glad to see you back! Looks like Christmas at your place was a lot of fun.

--sme said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday, and still have some tricks up your sleeve to keep it exciting for the kids!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see and hear you again!
Loved the Christmas stories!
Thanks and Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous 2009!

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful christmas tree! Love it! And your christmas sounds like much fun!

Reds said...

Glad to see you back! What a beautiful tree!!! And looks like Santa was good to everyone! :)

Lori said...

Looks like a fun Christmas!! You'll enjoy the Wii and Guitar Hero - we love ours!

Jason said...

Looks like a great christmas! TFS

Michelle said...

Great pictures of your Christmas! Love that you tricked them with the other presents.

Jess said...

Your tree is GORGEOUS- and what a great haul! The slider station cracks me up... what is it about that Billy Mays guy that makes me want to buy everything he hawks, even when I don't need it?! LOL.

MaryJo said...

I heard from Emily that Christmas was great! I love the idea of wrapping the money, especially to fake them out by adding items. That is something my husband would do too.
Tree looks awesome!!

Elsie said...

Great pictures, Amy! Looks like a great Christmas! The Wii hasn't cooled off at our house either. We ALL can't stop playing! :-)

Merry Christmas...and HAPPY, HAPPY New Year!