Monday, December 15, 2008

Sheepish and Guilty

Time sure does have a habit of slipping by, doesn't it? It's been two weeks since I last posted, a fact I'm almost embarassed about. Not that it really matters that much in the grand scheme of things, I suppose, but I feel like I'm being lazy by not getting on here and keeping up with the blogs of the other people I like to read.
I haven't even taken any pictures since those last ones of the tree that I posted. These shots were taken on Nov. 4th at the Peninsula. This may look like a lighthouse, but it's actually part of a pumphouse for the old Waterworks. (The sign on the side says 1908.)
In other news, we continue to have crappy, grey weather and it's still dark when I leave work. We had one nice sunny day over last weekend and I was busy doing other things. I wanted to go get some wintery nature shots.
This weekend if the weather is decent, we're planning a drive to Hamburg NY. They have a big Christmas light display at the fairgrounds and you drive through. I'll definitely take some pictures there.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok that is one cool place! Wow. I would love to take some photos there. Great shots by the way!
Cari

For Over 29 Years... said...

I like that second one, very cool!

Molly said...

I love your reflection shot!

Michelle said...

those reflection shots are very cool. so nice to see you here!

Anonymous said...

What a water-logged place, and the reflections on all that water make for some very dreamy shots.

Given all that photography has come to mean to you, it is a little worrisome for those of us who follow your blog to find you absent.

Hang in there!

Mom2Drew said...

Great to see you back. That lighthouse is so cool, I so wish I could be near one.

pat said...

I've missed seeing you and your unique viewpoints. Love this place--the reflection shot is wonderful, and what a cool door!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I just love the bluish tint to these, and the cool vignetting.

Reds said...

Glad you are back to posting - missed your posts!! Great place to take some photos!

KRISTIE said...

very cool pump house, i like the reflection. i will send you some of my sunny days :)

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

What great shots of the lighthouse love the reflection. Awesome door.

Rachael said...

These are neat! I love the worn look and the rivets!

Anonymous said...

Are those crickets I hear in here?

Anonymous said...

Just a heads up for all of you "Ahead of My Ability" fans (all 4 of you). Amy has apparently moved on to the Bedazzler as a new hobby, and will no longer be posting any photos. For some great local photography, visit Liz Stablein's pictures.

Thanks, and if you pass someone wearing a gemmed up denim jacket, it's probably Amy.

Happy New Year!!!