Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot like....

Christmas!
I practiced some macros this week on my Christmas ornaments.
I love Christmas ornaments.
Unwrapping them all one by one is truly one of my favorite parts of the holiday.
My tree is a mish-mash. I could never be one of those people who has a themed or color-coordinated tree. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
Since my birthday is right before Christmas, I usually get at least one or two new ornaments on my birthday, so a lot of these are from my growing-up years.This is the first year we've had a fake tree. Well...I take that back.
The year I was 6 or 7, apparently we were so poor we couldn't afford a tree. A neighbor lady gave us one of those aluminum jobs with the colored light wheel at the base. I wish I still had it because they sell for big bucks on eBay!But anyway, this is the first year I've had a fake tree of my own choosing. Getting a real tree got to be too expensive and too much of a hassle. Last year after Christmas, I happened to find a 7 1/2 foot Martha Stewart tree that was 90% off....I only paid $30!
So an artificial tree it is. And even the doubters in my family have admitted that it looks really nice! Plus, it lets us put the tree up much earlier than we normally would.Besides, any tree that has my Nana's angel tree-topper on it is fine by me.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great collection! I especially love the Santa face with the cherry cheeks and nose. Such a sweetie.

Amy said...

Your tree is beautiful and you have lots of pretty ornaments! I started taking pics of mine last year, I'll have to get more in a couple of weeks. :)

Shannon said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very nice ornaments. It is amazing the variety out there. I love this time when everyone shares their traditions and stories. Thanks for posting those - great shots.

Reds said...

Beautiful tree and awesome ornaments!!

Anonymous said...

What a warm and gorgeous looking tree. I love all of your unique ornaments.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

What a pretty tree. I like your ornaments. I put our tree up real early this year to.

Sharon said...

Nice macros!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! I put mine up last night -- it was fun as always! I can't believe that's not a real tree, it's a really great artificial one!

pat said...

LOVE the ornament shots, Amy! Looks like a really nice tree, artificial or not. We bit the bullet 2 years ago. I miss a real tree like crazy, but the fake one has already paid for itself (LOVE those post-Christmas sales) and we can put it in front of the window, by the heat vent, and leave it up longer. How fun to get ornaments for your birthday! You have some really neat ones!

Becky said...

Beautiful tree and ornaments, Amy. My tree is a mishmash too, and I'm attached to all my non-matching ornaments.

Kelly said...

It looks awesome!!! I love all of your ornaments.

Anonymous said...

I wish you would come back.