Sunday, January 4, 2009

Weekends off

My job is one that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Allowing that it's open every single day isn't to imply that it's important, though. It's nothing serious like a hospital, or a news organization, or anything like that.
I work for an inbound call center. Heaven forbid someone need to call about their credit card statement, or ask for Pennsylvania tourist information at 11pm on a Sunday or 1am on Christmas day and we not be there. We're there.
It's a rule of employment in my department that most employees have to work at least every other weekend. I did for years and years. For the past few months, though, I've been in the new hire training area. This means I'm needed during the week, not on Saturdays. If I had to work Saturday, they'd have to give me a day off during the week, thereby cutting off their nose to spite their face.
I found out Friday that starting next week, I'll be going back to working every other weekend.
I suppose that things could be worse....I could have to work every weekend. And the weekend I have to work is only 1/2 a day on Saturday mornings, so that's definitely better than it could be.It'll just give me less time to hang out with the fam...
and less time to take pictures to play with, like these.

**Edited to add: Since I've had a couple of questions in the comments, this is a rock and bubbles in a small stream. I thought it was neat looking with the bubbles.

28 comments:

pakosta said...

cool edit, but what is that?!! sorry you have to work on weekends YUK!
tara

CindyTykie said...

sorry you will have to work a 1/2 day on Saturday. Cool pics but what is it...a rock, clam, ?????

Reds said...

Love the different conversions on this! And too bad you now have to work on Saturdays!

Jackie's Shot said...

Neat way to see the processing options.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

I like the way you captured the bubbles in the water.

Jason said...

Very neat edits. I like how there was a new rock shot through the story.

Michelle said...

I really like all the different ways you processed this photo. So sorry about the Saturday work.

pat said...

I could tell what these were! But then, I love this kind of thing. Amazing different looks you got with your editing, Amy.

Sharon said...

I like this capture. Interesting what you have done with the processing.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Very interesting!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Yep, could be worse! I love the way you journaled it with the varying rock pics!

Carey said...

I love the picture.

Sorry about the new schedule.

Becca said...

Nice playing w/the different edits. tfs

Lauren Hartman said...

I;m sorry about the every other weekend thing again :( it stinks when work cuts into family time for sure. Love all your different processing on this and how you interspersed your writing through the photos...just lead me through so gracefully....

Margaret said...

Love the bubbles and the rock. Very cool! Sorry you have to work on weekends and have to sacrifice some of your family/photography time!

janett said...

Stinks about having to work those weekends. :( But I like the pic!

Anonymous said...

LOVE these! That rock reminds me of a giant turtle shell.

~*Steffie*~ said...

That is one cool looking rock! I like the 1st and next to last photos the best.

Amy said...

Cool processing on these, my favorite is the first one! Sorry your schedule is changing.

S.Kremer said...

Great edits! I love the 5th one!
Shawna (shawkrem)

Tori said...

What a cool picture! Love your edits on it!

R.A. BNKetti said...

Very pretty! I really like the last one's processing:)

Bobbi said...

Cool shot, it really does look like a clam! Sorry about your work schedule, blech :(

Jess said...

Awesome shot! For some reason I like the last edit best... but I am totally into vintagey, hazy, bluish stuff lately!

That sucks about your schedule... but at least you have a stable job, that is saying a lot in this economy!

Malisa said...

I really thought it was a turtle too! Cool pictures and edits!

Angela2932 said...

Nice processing. You seem to have a good attitude about the working Saturdays. . . I'd be much less mature about the whole thing. Also, having working many past Saturdays, I had some really cranking moments about maybe CLEANING up the house while I was at work, not trashing it for me while I was away.

Anonymous said...

I love your many versions of the bubbling rock!

Anonymous said...

Wow, totally love all the effects on these!