Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ready, Set, Go.

It's a new year. Time for fresh starts and all that.
Do you subscribe to the theory that if you tell others about your resolutions, you'll be more likely to keep them? I don't know...I've always felt more that telling others about my resolutions will more likely lead to shame because those others will know when I fail, but whatever. I thought I'd share a couple of photography-related resolutions here.
  1. Keep up with the POTD. In a perfect world, I'd actually post every day, but realistically, we're probably talking 4-5 times a week.
  2. Learn more about my camera. I'm somewhat ashamed to say that I've had the Nikon since October, and I'm still leaving it on Auto most of the time. The Nikon isn't made for Auto. If I want to leave a camera on Auto, I should go back to my little Kodak.
  3. Practice more portraits and learn more about settings and processing for these. I was unhappy with the last portraits I took; so unhappy I haven't shared them here or elsewhere
  4. Save up for a fisheye. I love that look!

As for the non-photography resolutions, I'm not telling. That way no one will be the wiser if I don't follow through!

22 comments:

pat said...

Amy, I just love this shot--the bright pathway into the unknown; fits right into your resolutions them. Lovely use of leading lines, and the BW is really effective.

Sharon said...

Very cool capture! The B&W is perfect!

TEAZ said...

This is a great shot, I love the pathway it makes me want to keep looking, want to discover what is down that path. A very real photo

Michelle said...

This is a perfect interpretation of the theme! Sounds like your goals are totally do-able-good luck!

Chell said...

Love that path into the woods is great. You are more ambitious then I am I am aiming for at least once a week for POTD.

Lauren Hartman said...

Lovely photo. All the best with your photography and non photography resolutions!

Anonymous said...

What a great shot! Good luck with your resolutions!

Amy said...

Beautiful, I love the b/w! I need to make your #3 one of my resolutions too, I'm not so hot at not only portraits, but any photo involving people! :)

Ashley said...

Great pic!

Reds said...

Love the path! And I'm with you on learning more about my camera!

Linnao said...

Ooooh, I love this picture, beautiful!!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Nice composition on this path.

Jason said...

Very cool goals, I really like the pic you have to start it off!

KRISTIE said...

love your composition on this one. good luck on your goals

Anonymous said...

That's what we call a Rafael shot because he loves the geometry of a scene--yours is gorgeous. With a good camera, you can learn something new every day. And with digital, you can afford the 30 oops shots it takes to get the one great one. Snap away!

Tori said...

Great shot! And best of luck with your goals!

R.A. BNKetti said...

This looks so much like home! So pretty and definetly fitting for the theme!:)

--sme said...

This picture is gorgeous!

Angela2932 said...

Wonderful b&W! I'm really on the look-out for a nice b&w to take for my proudphotography.com class, and wish I could create as wonderful a photograph as you have just done!

Anonymous said...

I love any pic with a path, I always want to follow it to see where it goes. Lovely!

Anonymous said...

I really like your pathway shot. It's beautiful.

Elsie said...

Beautiful shot! I never tell my resolutions--for the "shame" reason you mentioned. And I'm not telling them to you either! ;-)