Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mom, why do you look like you're in an autopsy photo?

I was playing around with my camera last night, mostly just fooling around with different settings. When I saw these shots, I decided that I actually liked some of them and I might like to make a little series with some weird processing in Photoshop. Most of these make heavy use of my beloved Lomo action by A2D, as well as some different Virtual Photographer filters.
I thought they looked kind of cool, but Em says I look dead. Oh, and she also pointed out that you can see every line and flaw in my face. I told her that was kind of the point and she just shook her head at me. Moms. What's a teenager to do?

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Freaky but neat. TFS!

Jess said...

I like them! They are very REAL and I think that's what I love most about them. :)

pat said...

You are so brave! This processing gives them a really outre feel.

Rachael said...

I like the processing...these are great real captures!

Michelle said...

Definitely different but that's what makes them fun.

Jackie's Shot said...

One of them reminds me of a CSI episode but they are neat. ~Jackie

Anonymous said...

They do look sort of scary but still very cool!

Suzy said...

Your so creative! TFS!

Sharon said...

I think they are great, well, except for the closed eye one. That one is freaky. ;)

Mandy said...

The processing on these are so neat and almost haunting.

Reds said...

Great PP on these!! And love your new blog header!

Erika said...

Cool pping! I gree though, the ones where your eyes are closed totally remind me of CSI :)

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

They do remind me of something you would see on the CSI series.

Margaret said...

EEEk. Cool processing!

Angela2932 said...

Yikes!!!!!! But they certainly captured my attention! I can't help but wonder what they'd look like with a group of people together. . . . maybe your daughter?

Becky said...

That third one really does look like your typical domestic abuse photo--all you need is the bruise/cut. :-D Cool shots, Amy.

Lou said...

Okay, that's freaky because last night, E. and I were looking at your new header and commenting that your self-portraits looked like a plastic surgeon's before shots. You know--a teensy slice here, a nip there. :} Your eyes are wonderfully DARK!