Monday, November 10, 2008

A 4-Letter Word

THIS is what I woke up to this morning. Can you believe it? SNOW! On November 10th, no less!
OK, ok, so it's fairly normal for us to get a little snow by this time of year. For some reason, this one just hit me "right in the breadbasket" as Gorilla Monsoon used to say. Maybe it's because I know we'll be having snow off and on (mainly on) until March or April. Oh, and plus it was all warm and sunny last week. There are still leaves on some of the trees! Right in the breadbasket.


Oh, to be 8 again. Liam woke up an hour before his school bus pickup and begged to go outside and play before getting ready for school. Of course, even though I don't like snow much, I can still appreciate its beauty at times.

14 comments:

Reds said...

I am so not ready for snow!!! :( Soon it will be our turn...

Sharon said...

Wow! And not just a dusting either!

KRISTIE said...

you are so lucky, i would love to live where there was snow. such a pretty background for your pictures!

Jess said...

WOW, you can keep it too! LOL! I love seeing snow in photos, it is so serene and beautiful- but I sure don't like having to go out in it! Liam looks like he is having a blast! Oh, to be young again and not bothered by extreme temperatures! ;)

Becky said...

My DH says 'right in the breadbasket' often. Thankfully he's not beating me at the time. :-D
I always get that same feeling with our first snow, and then I wonder why since it's not like it's a surprise every year.

Anonymous said...

Wow!

The red and gold leaves still on the trees makes a photo that deserves a title about thing caught in between.

--sme said...

I could go for a *small* dose of snow, just to enjoy the beauty....then it needs to go away and get warm again!!! These are nice!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word...these are awesome. What great snow pictures. Its hard to believe its that time again, huh?

10ecscrapper said...

I am SO jealous. It is only cold and rainy here. We haven't had a good snow in years.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Snow? Wow it really looks pretty and fun to play in. I don't care for snow myself I hate being cold. I guess I should move away from the ski slopes then huh.

Margaret said...

Beautiful pictures. I love snow...when I'm in the house looking at it out the window! I hate driving in it, though!

Bobbi said...

Wow that is a lot of snow! I am so not ready yet but I love taking pictures in the snow. That last shot is beautiful.

jewels said...

AHHH I love it!!! It reminds me of getting ready for Christmas! I want snow now~!

Cheers,
jewels

Suzy said...

I'm so not ready to wake up to a scene like that! But you've sure captured it well! Nice shots!