Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Flashback: Walnut Creek, 10-16-08

I didn't get home tonight until almost 6pm, and of course, it was very dark by then. No opportunities to take new pics, so I had to browse through the hard drive to find something I hadn't shared yet. I settled on these shots from the Walnut Creek Marina at the foot of Manchester Road that were taken in mid-October.
The marina is situated at the mouth of Walnut Creek, where the creek empties into Lake Erie.

It was getting close to sunset, and the wind was really strong.
The waves were building as we took a few quick shots.It was a beautiful, if chilly, fall sunset.

14 comments:

Chell said...

I love that first picture.. It is fun tolook through old pictures..

Mom2Drew said...

Such MOVEMENT to these photos, wow!!!

Reds said...

Might be chilly but sure looks beautiful!!!

Shannon said...

wow! very beautiful!

Vanessa said...

Absolutely stunning. My favorite is the second!

Sharon said...

Dramatic mood, cool!

Liz said...

I love that sky... so dramatic but really serene all at the same time. I am not much of a fall/winter fan but you have to admit the skies are beautiful this time of year.

Suzy said...

Did you say you "settled" for these shots! These are stunning!! I can't believe you haven't shared them sooner!! I like them all!!

Kelly said...

Those are freaking fabulous, Amy! Awesome work.

Anonymous said...

Goodness...these are so spectacular. The skies are incredible, and I love how the dock in the first one just seems to disappear.

Anonymous said...

Love the geometrics of the first shot, and the lemon and blueberry shades of the sunset are spectacular.

pat said...

Nice amy! Love the leading lines in that first shot, and your sunset is wonderful!! So dramatic--great shots! :-)

Angela2932 said...

I really like the composition of the 2nd shot.

Bobbi said...

These are beautiful! I could really see this in a book.