Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Randomizer

Busy, busy, busy here at the Smith house.

Since I haven't had time to get out and shoot much, I played with the camera around the house a bit.
I'm still learning the ins and outs of the focus and depth of field with the new macro lens, but so far, I'm pretty happy!All the flowers and leaves in this post are along the perimeter of the house.Most of the trees here are past their peak, and leaves are starting to fall more and more. They're still just as pretty on the ground, though.
And last but not least, here's a little belated Halloween treat for you. My friend Jackie and I attended a Halloween party last night....we went as Sonny and Cher. (That's me as Sonny on your left. And no, my eyebrows are not that bushy in real life. I used mascara on them!) The dark humor side of me thought it would be funny to go as Sonny with a head wound, but good taste won out. Well, as good as it gets on Halloween, anyway. Hope you all had a good weekend!

19 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

I love that you're not afraid to have a little fun...you make a dashing Sonny and that pink wig on your friend needs to make its way to my home.

Amazing you have flowers around your house, pretty colors to see when all we've got is dead, dead and more dead.

Stacey said...

Great shots. I love the last one. Looks like you had fun!

Jackie's Shot said...

Great fun pic of your Sonny and Cher. NIce job with your macro. I want to get a macro. ~Jackie

Becky said...

Aren't macros so fun? I love your costume!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Wow it looks like you found some awesome things just around the house. That macro is so cool!

Reds said...

Great Sonny & Cher!! Looks like you had fun!!! Great macro shots too!

pat said...

You sure have a lot of color left! Looks like you are going to have fun with your macro lens, Amy. ;-)

Sharon said...

Lots of great stuff to look at. Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne said...

Great pictures! Love the first one of your kitty! Adorable! I also loved the pink flower with the ant in it. Great colors!

Athena said...

Oh, I wish I had a macro! I really liked the 3rd shot with the drops on the leaf, and definitely the last one :)

Lauren Hartman said...

Love the detail on your kitty's paw. It's a view any cat lover would love! You make a marvelous Cher, the pink hair is way too much fun!

Chell said...

Love your macros, they are so much fun to do. Love the sonny and cher costumes

S.Kremer said...

Love the first shot, very crisp and clear. Great costumes:)
Shawna (shawkrem)

Jess said...

OMG, you guys as Sonny & Cher are killing me! That is hilarious!

And I'd definitely say you are getting along JUST FINE with that macro lens, these are all so crisp and clear and the colors are amazing!

Margaret said...

Great macros! You make an awesome Sonny, too!

Anonymous said...

These photos look so professional--sharp, colorful, framed beautifully.

You are your pal are quite a pair. :D

Angela2932 said...

I love your Sonny costume! Too funny! And your macro photos are wonderful . . . I especially like the cattails! (Or whatever the fuzzy things are.)

Anonymous said...

Sup Lil Mama?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oufd0bP2SLk

Elsie said...

Wow!! That bright orange flower is so Día de los Muertos! I love it! Love that Halloween shot too. Did you sing "I Got You, Babe!"?