Monday, November 3, 2008

Hope

My friends Lou and Elsie like these old gravestones with the upward-pointing finger. Elsie said once, "They seem so...optimistic!" I decided to use this one to symbolize the hope I have for tomorrow.
I turned 18 in December of 1988, so the first presidential election I was eligible to vote in was in 1992, and I voted for Bill Clinton. I've voted in every election, including the non-presidential ones, since I was eligible. That being said, I've absolutely never once felt as much hope for our country as I feel right now. I truly believe that Barack Obama has the best intentions and ideas of both candidates, and an infectious enthusiasm that we need right now. Say what you will about how he doesn't have enough experience...look at what experience has brought us in Washington for lo these many years!
I won't turn this into a political commercial; Lord knows we've seen enough of those lately. I will just ask that, no matter who you're voting for (and I hope it's Obama!), please get out and VOTE. It's never been more important, or for me, more meaningful than it is this year.

20 comments:

S.Kremer said...

That is a really neat gravestone, I've never seen anything like that before. Yes, please everyone get one and vote:)
Shawna (shawkrem)

Chell said...

Cool old stone. I will be up bright and early tomorrow to vote!!

Anonymous said...

Great shot...I will be getting out and voting tomorrow!
Cari

Reds said...

Can't vote... Up in Canada!! ;) But do go and vote!! Love the picture of the stone!

Jackie's Shot said...

I will be out there tomorrow casting my votes. Cool photo by the way. ~Jackie

Becky said...

I try not to talk politics online, but I will say I'm voting and you'd be pleased with my vote. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't turn it into a political commercial,LOL.

Still, even a liberal can take great photos!!!!

Becky said...

I'm back to tell you that although my boyfriend/future DH did not have a mullet--I did! (In high school--should I post that photo next?)
Also, sorry I tagged you. Feel free to ignore. :-D

Unknown said...

Cool!

Erika said...

Cool shot!

Anonymous said...

wonderful photo Amy!
great post!
I'll be in line early this morning to VOTE!
It's our right. It's our responsibility! It is our privelege!
Liberal or Conservative, Democrat or Republican or whatever...VOTE!

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

Neat shot, I love the way the stone is turning color!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a gravestone like this. What interesting PP. I actually voted last week! We have early voting here in Maine.

KRISTIE said...

at least the hand was pointing up :) I wonder if you could find one going down lol
ps, i already voted!! Yea no lines

great shot, i really like your pping here.

Anonymous said...

The polls here in CA open in 30 minutes, and I will be in line. It's good to feel hopeful again!

Angela2932 said...

YES!!!!!! Things are looking up, and I was so happy to vote this am. Now I'm sending txt messages to my kids every hour asking, "Did you vote yet?"

Mom2Drew said...

Although I could not disagree with more about Obama;), I do respect your right to be vocal. I think you should vote being informed and then...if after that, you believe in one candidate...vote for that person! Kudos for you for being passionate. I too am a very passionate voter and am looking forward to the major upset tonight;)

That is a cool way to look at that gravestone by the way...always pointing upwards.

Kristina said...

Interesting gravestone for sure!

Jess said...

That is a neat gravestone. I love the textures on it, and she's right, it DOES seem optimistic!

I voted last week, I am on pins and needles to see who wins!

Elsie said...

LOVE YOU, AMY! And I love that photo! :-)