Monday, November 17, 2008

This Post Brought to You Courtesy of Two Dudes

OK, I complained last week about how I don't get to take many pics these days due to my work schedule and the lack of light. Luckily, Dan took some shots today! All of these are his.As you can see, we got a significant snowstorm last night. Remember the snow pictures from last week? Well, all that snow was melted, so this is all fresh. We got about 6 inches or so here in town, and some areas in the snowbelt got around 10 I guess.
This is the flowering tree in the neighbor's yard. Our lilacs looked similar, very bowed by the weight of the snow. Dan shook them off, and hopefully no major damage was done.
I don't know why he didn't get a shot of our other neighbor's house; their small tree was split right in half by the snow!
And lastly, here's Liam coming home from school. He digs his new skeleton hat...it has eyeholes like a ski mask.

During the storm last night, we actually had THUNDER AND LIGHTENING. That's pretty unusual, even in a freaky weather area like ours. My work pal Pete happened to be taking some shots of the snow and got it on video. Check it out!



12 comments:

Jason said...

First off that looks like a lot of snow. Second I have never seen thunder and lightning in a snow storm. I thought living in MN we have seen some of the weirdes weather. Great shots!

Anonymous said...

WOW...those are unreal. I just love the start of winter. It actually snowed here a bit too today.

Reds said...

That looks so beautiful... when it doesn't happen in my own backyard!! ;)

Margaret said...

Snow is beautiful when it's at someone else's house! :) It's been unseasonably warm here in Utah...but I know our turn for winter is coming soon!

pat said...

Oh my goodness!! Look at all that snow--it's too early, Amy! We actually had warm and sunny (GASP!) today; really unusual for November out here. Your snow IS gorgeous, though. Tell D nice work!

Sharon said...

Thunder snow storms are so bizarre!

That's just too much snow for November!

Cindi Koceich said...

Wow...snow, and thunder and lightening??? I've never heard of that!! Really amazing!!

Michelle said...

he did great on the snow pictures! that skeleton hat cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you tell Dan that his shots are full of lonesomeness on the blues side--just beautiful. And man, I love the sound of thunder. I had no idea that lightning and thunder don't come along with snow. News to this Californian!

Mom2Drew said...

Makes me happy looking at that snow. Too bad it'll be 75 degrees here tomorrow...that makes me sad:(

Donnah Ciempka said...

No way - that is amazing. It is my dream to have that much snow around me.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Oh my kids are waiting for the snow here they are anxious to get snowboarding. I never heard thunder or lightening with snow.