Sunday, September 21, 2008

After the Tourists Go Home

On our drive last week, we passed through a town in Ohio called Geneva-on-the-Lake. This place is on Lake Erie, though you can't see too much of the lake because of all the buildings crowded together. Geneva-on-the-Lake caters to tourists from bigger cities like Cleveland. People from places like Cleveland would think a town like this quaint.

I wouldn't dream of coming here when these empty streets are crowded with cars and people, though it would be fun for people-watching.
I would much rather come when everything is boarded up and sad-looking...


when the lights are off and the glitz is gone...
It's a much better scene that way if you ask me.

Although, sadly, we did miss our chance to play Corn Hole Game.


10 comments:

Jess said...

Awww, no corn hole? I love that game, LOL!

I'm with you, I'm sure it is a hoppin' place to be during tourist season, but there is something SO appealing about the empty streets to me. It's very symbolic, don't you think?

Joanne Fowler said...

I looks kind of creep all empty like this! Fun locations though!

Mom2Drew said...

Never heard of corn hole, how do you play it? That blue sky is beautiful!

Sharon said...

You small town hicks! ;)

What is a corn hole?

Becky said...

Corn hole always makes me snicker. This place looks like a good setting for a Stephen King novel. Glad you didn't run into any creepy clowns. Love the abandoned look to it.

Michelle said...

so sorry about missing the corn hole game. there's always next year! I really like how you caught this town in it's off season reality.

Anonymous said...

There seems to be so much urban color and texture to these photos. I love seeing a glimpse of things that I have never seen.

Reds said...

Never heard of corn hole game!!! What kind of game is it!! Love the look of this deserted town!!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

What is the corn hole game?! It looks like a ghost town!

Anonymous said...

Great location, great shots, especially of the signs.