Monday, September 1, 2008

No Rest for the Weary

We headed out yesterday for one last summer blast at Waldameer.
(So did what seemed like 10,000 other people, but when they have "Buy one, get one for $2" combo passes, you'll have that.) Anyway, we enjoyed ourselves despite the crowds and much-longer-than-usual lines. Below you see what we'd look like if we were the stars of "Little People, Big World."
Poor Liam is just about to outgrow his favorite children's ride; you can already see that he basically takes up both seats. I doubt he'll be able to go on this next year.

I don't know if it was the sun, or the general tiredness I was feeling, or what, but I just didn't feel like taking pictures yesterday. I'm almost ashamed to say I took only 15 shots and I put the camera back in the trunk of the car about an hour into our visit. I just didn't feel like lugging it around with me. And today, I hope you'll enjoy your Labor Day. I, for one, will actually be laboring. I have to work 3-11 pm, but at least it's double time so I shouldn't complain.
Have a great day, everyone!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you let yourself put the camera away. It should never become a "have to"! Love that last shot of Liam in the bumper car.

Anonymous said...

These are great. I love the expression you caught in the second to last photo!
Cari

Reds said...

Fun shots - too bad you have to work today!! Love your family shot!

KRISTIE said...

looks like you had a blast!

Becky said...

Sometimes you just have to enjoy the day--and it looks like you did. :-)

Jess said...

How fun! I love carnivals! You make a cute "little" family- I love that show! ;)

I hear ya on just not feeling it... I have been battling these stupid migraines the past few days and it's really taken a toll on me mentally. but I'm feeling a bit better (knock on wood) so hopefully tomorrow will be a better photo day! ;)

Lou said...

What a fun day! That mirror shot is hilarious. It's ok to put away the camera sometimes and just enjoy the moments without worrying about catching them in a photo.

--sme said...

Love the funhouse mirror shot!!!

Angela2932 said...

Looks like a great time was had by all :)

Kristina said...

Well, it looks like you're having fun, as always! :)

Anonymous said...

Your family is always looking like they are having a great time, no matter what they are doing.

I ADORE that fun mirror shot. There are so many possibilities there! Hahaha.

Bobbi said...

YOu are brave- I hate crowds and that little people picture cracks me up. I do that too...put the camera in the trunk. Sometimes i would just rather enjoy the times rather than observe.