Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Long Day's Journey into Fall

It was a grey and rainy day here. Not quite the perfect day for a drive, but we didn't let that stop us.

Today we headed east on Route 6 just to see some fall colors and let the road take us where it may.
We ended up stopping at Kinzua Bridge State Park (site of what was once the world's tallest railroad viaduct, which was blown over by a tornado in 2003)...
a really interesting church and old cemetery...and a cider mill/pumpkin farm in addition to some other places.
Through it all, we found the beginnings of some beautiful fall foilage...

as well as hard evidence of summer's sad demise.

In the end, we took about 7 hours and drove 265 miles, give or take. It was a great day.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got some AMAZING shots here...I love the one of the church...
Cari

Sharon said...

Great colors!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh my goodness that last one is beautiful!! Awesome fall pictures.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

I LOVE the church shot and the one of the two leaves! Very pretty fall pictures!!

Cindi Koceich said...

Love these!! The pumpkin shot is my favorite!!

pat said...

Beautiful trip, Amy! Love these, especially the pumpkins, and that church shot---wow! It looks almost like a dream framed in by the leaves. Lovely. That sunset is wonderful, too--love 'em all.

Amy ~ Just Being Aimlyss said...

What beautiful scenery, your shots are gorgeous! I love the autumn colors! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your pumpkin shot, and the shot of the sky. Great colors.

Reds said...

Great day and great shots!!! Love the shot of the alley with the church at the end and love the shot of the leaves... love them all!! :)

Becky said...

Love seeing all the signs of fall, and what a beautiful sunset!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful way to spend a day! You really found some gorgeous stuff.. makes me anxious for fall to set it! :)

Donnah Ciempka said...

What a great day! I love, love the pumpkin shots.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those scenes just take my breath away.

Bobbi said...

I just love these pictures, so fally, fall, fall.

That church shot is gorgeous!

Suzy said...

Beautiful! I keep trying to chose a favorite but I love all of these! You've captured "fall"! Great work!