Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sorry, We're Closed.

With window displays like these, I was sorry they were closed too.
This was a big antiques shop in Geneva-on-the-Lake. Their inventory looked like someone's acid trip gone bad.
We're talking giant carved cats with fish and birds in their mouths. Seriously, they looked almost like carousel animals or something.

And look, it's Nipper!
Oh, and beware of Buster Brown. He'll come alive and kill you in the night for sure.
What a bummer that we were only able to see it all through the windows.
This place may just warrant a trip back there when tourist season comes around again.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks like a cool place. Great colors too!
Cari

Jess said...

Oh now THAT looks like an interesting place to browse! Lots of weird stuff in there for sure! LOL!

Sharon said...

I think I might just have some nightmares tonight! ;)

Bobbi said...

I think I must have that cat! It looks like something I would get one of my friends for Christmas during our Worst Gifts Exchange. What a cool place.

Mom2Drew said...

Whoa...those are some crazy window displays.

Michelle said...

your Buster Brown comment had me LOL. you are so funny! and those animals are definitely freaky.

Becky said...

Aaaaah! Now I'm SURE that place would make a good horror novel/movie setting!

Reds said...

Too bad it was closed - looks like a weird fun place!!

Anonymous said...

that's some creepy stuff, but great photography! I like your POV.

summerbl4ck said...

that cat is creepy. you'll have to go back when they're open--looks awesome!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh I bet you could find all sorts of goodies here. good job shooting through the glass.

Margaret said...

Interesting windows! It would be fun to go in there.

Anonymous said...

That shop looks so interesting, and slightly bizarre if you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Someone in that store loves and collects those big figures. I am not frightened by them. :-/