Sunday, August 3, 2008

Action packed

We have had such a busy weekend! Busy doing everything and nothing...it's been great.

On Saturday we headed over to the Erie Art Museum's Blues and Jazz Festival. That's pretty much mandatory around here.
We got there early because I wanted to be sure to catch the first performers of the day: Beatrix JAR.
Beatrix JAR is a performance art duo from Minneapolis. They create music using a concept called "circuit bending." The process involves re-wiring old toys and musical equipment to create new sounds. It was really fascinating.
What I loved even more, though, was the complete joy these two exuded while they performed.


They were fabulous and funny. I'm so glad I got to see them!
And before we left, I had to get one shot that just screamed "outdoor summer festival!"

9 comments:

Becky said...

You always seem to be out having fun somewhere, and I enjoy seeing it through your photos!

Kristina said...

It looks like a good time for sure. Love the blue in the last shot :)

periwinkle eye images said...

oh my! I love the colors in those 7 photos of the graphics - great idea and great eye! Also, the color in this last one actually compliments such a scary subject! What fun! ML

Jess said...

Wow, how FUN! Art and jazz- I'd be in heaven for sure! Those performers look like they were a blast to watch- I love their expressions! And oh YEAH... it's not a festival without porta potties! I hope you took this shot early in the day before they got too stinky, LOL! ;)

pat said...

OH, they look like they are having so much fun! I would love to hear what their music sounds like. Love the Row of Blues...fun take!

Heather said...

How fun! How did you get a picture of the porta-potties with no line of women?? :)

Michelle said...

what a fun series of shots! all that color and action. you go to the most interesting things! i particularly like the outhouse shot.

Anonymous said...

I always admire your candids of strangers, and the shots of the sound performance in this series are so alive and happy. Love the long shot of that line of stinky pots. ;-)

Anonymous said...

listen to the duo at:
www.beatrixjar.com