Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's Camptastic

We love camping, but haven't had a chance to go all summer. Fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants types that we are, I called today and got us a reservation at Clear Creek State Park, about 2 hours southeast of here. We actually got a cabin this time, so I don't have to worry about packing the tent and all the crap that entails. And don't tell Dan or he'll think it's not really camping, but the cabin has electricity. I can bring my coffee maker, and everyone will be happier. (You know the saying: if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.)
These are a couple of my favorite camping pictures from our 2005 expedition. Liam's grown a lot bigger since then....he may need a real camp chair instead of his little Spongebob one. Anyway, have a good weekend....see you Sunday night or Monday with lots of camping/hiking/creek walking pictures!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see any marshmallows in your stash, Aim! I'm packing up for the weekend, too. Have a blast!!!

Jess said...

Oh yeah- definitely don't forget the marshmallows! Those are a MUST! LOL!

Have fun and BE SAFE camping! I will gladly stay in my nice, air-conditioned house... can you tell I'm a wimp? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great shots! Hope you all have a great time!
Cari

--sme said...

Have a safe trip....be sure to get lots of great pics to post when you get home! :)

For Over 29 Years... said...

Have a great trip. We are going next weeknd.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Cool shots have fun.

pat said...

OOh, have fun! Remember the rest of the saying--if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. If pappa ain't happy, ain't nobody cares. LOL!!!!

Tori said...

Sounds like a fun time! First thing I noticed in the cooler was the chocolate bars! Yum!

Angela2932 said...

I love the campfire photo! Have a great time camping. . .

Anonymous said...

Hope there's a stream for you guys!!

Becky said...

I hate camping, except for the S'mores, but I hope you have fun!

Amy said...

Have a fun trip! I'm glad it is you though, I don't camp! :)