Tuesday, August 5, 2008

They can't all be winners

Tonight we saw a hideous show at the 8 Great Tuesdays concert series. The main draw, Leon Russell, was okay...not great, but okay. It was the opening act that really made the impact on the hideous scale. Picture the cheesiest cover band ever. Imagine them singing the absolute lowest common denominator selection of cover songs. Things like Motley Crue's "Kick Start My Heart," and AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long" (shudder).


Did you get a picture in your mind?


Did they look like this?


The night wasn't a total wash....we saw some old friends of Dan's and they were fun to talk to. The kids didn't even fight...much.

7 comments:

pat said...

My first reaction was "Leon Russell? Is he still alive?" (I have a couple of his albums, just to date me...) The opening act sounds atrocious.

Becky said...

Their version of "You Shook Me All Night Long" couldn't be as bad as Celine Dion's version, could it? Have you seen that You Tube? The horror!!

Angelica said...

Love that shot of the kids...looks like they had fun!

Jess said...

Wow. Yikes. They DID look like that in my mind! ROFL! At least the kids were (fairly) good! ;)

Bobbi said...

Ok I have to say I love ac/dc...but maybe not by a cover band lol. that last picture cracks me up, too cute!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the sorry music, but the evening was surely worth that terrific shot of the kids!

Tori said...

my goodness.... they don't even look like they're gonna sound good! At least the kids were good, right? :)