Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back from the great outdoors

What a great weekend camping! We stayed in the cutest little cabin, set back in the woods. It was also right across from the river (and the flush toilets, which is the most important thing)!
We did all the usual camping things...s'mores, hiking, swimming...
and saw evidence of animals, if not too much of the real thing!
Of course I have tons more pics to share, but the mountain of laundry in my basement isn't going to wash itself, and there's work in the morning. Hope you all had a great weekend too!

11 comments:

Bobbi said...

Oh the most perfect way to camp, with a cabin. I am not a tent kinda girl. Looks like you had fun, I wonder what kind of anoamla that was.

Anonymous said...

I love that last shot. Looks like and sounds like you all had fun!
Cari

Unknown said...

Cute lil cabin. Great photos.

Anonymous said...

I love that cabin!

The trail through the trees is dreamy.

Joanne Fowler said...

Looks like a fun trip! Love the last one especially.

--sme said...

Looks like a relaxing, peaceful weekend!

Amy said...

Looks like a great place to visit! I'm looking forward to more photos from your trip. :)

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Nice shots. Glad you had a nice camping trip.

Reds said...

Welcome back!! How fun to camp in a cabin!! Much more comfortable than a tent!! ;) Love that last shot - can't wait to see more!!

Jess said...

Aww, how fun! And what a cute little cabin you stayed at- being close to flushing toilets was DEFINITELY a plus in my book- I hate outhouses! Ick!

And that evidence of wildlife... what kind of tracks are those? They look kinda big... I would be nervous... (can you tell I'm a scaredy-cat?)

Angela2932 said...

I really liked how you framed and composed your first photo. Nice perspective!