Sunday, August 17, 2008

Original Music

I said ORIGINAL MUSIC!

This weekend was our annual Celebrate Erie festival. We headed downtown yesterday to see the sights and happened to see a REALLY fantastic band called Hello Kitty Death Squad.
When I was younger, going out to see live music was one of my favorite things to do. Now, I don't get to do it all that much due to the fact that I'm a boring old lady with kids, but back in the day I loved going to see bands that played original music. (Part of the problem in Erie is that the bands that get the most attention are usually lame-ass cover bands. Give me a band that plays their own music any day.)
"Original" doesn't quite begin to cover these guys. You've already seen the bullhorn...check out the theremin!Their music was a blend of hard alternative with some funk and experimental stuff thrown in for good measure. We dug them!
So did this guy!One of the best things about free outdoor festivals is that you might see anyone in the crowd.Oh, and if you'd like to hear some of HKDS for yourself, I found their MySpace Music page. (You don't have to be a MySpace member to check it out.)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=59202431

7 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Boring old lady with kids, huh???? Nah, you're anything but! What's with the guy with a gas mask????? You live in such an interesting place, with such great people-watching possibilities.

Reds said...

Love going to listen to live music!! Got some fun shots!

For Over 29 Years... said...

those are great! It looks like a really great mix of people.

Shanna Jones said...

Too fun! I love that pic of the sax player. :)

Suzy said...

Great captures! And I love the last one with the "mix" in the crowd!

Becky said...

That last one cracked me up. :-D

♥ Amy said...

Wow, I guess that did draw an interesting crowd, lol. I love your ferris wheel shots from yesterday. Such great angles!