Thursday, August 28, 2008

Early Morning Dip

The Clarion River runs through the heart of Clear Creek State Park, where we camped last weekend. We took an early morning walk down there on Saturday and Liam couldn't resist wading...."just a little, Mom! I promise I won't get wet!"
But the cautionary holding up of shorts and shirt soon gave way to the excitement of the water.

And as he waded farther and farther from the shore, I knew what would follow...
Luckily, we had plenty of dry clothes back at the cabin.
and the only casulty was one of his flip-flops that got carried downstream.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL! love it when they won't "get wet" and end up completely soaked. great documentary here.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha....I love the series here! I think you knew as soon as he stepped into that water that he would be soaked, huh?

Sharon said...

Cute!

Becky said...

Great series! I love how still the water is in the morning.

Reds said...

Your pictures tell the story so well!! ;)

Melanie said...

hey moods!! long time no see!! I was thinking about you the other day so I decided to stop by!! I have been doing well with the digi world of scrapping!! I am even selling in a store now!! Anyway, just thought I WOULD STOP BY AND SAY HELLO TO SEE HOW YOU ARE DOING!! Let me know! You can visit my blog or you can send me an email at twinsmom1@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

I love how you create stories with your sequences of photos. So sorry about the flippie. Might I suggest swim trunks? LOL