Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Carousel

On our Pittsburgh trip we also visited Kennywood Amusement Park. I'll have tons more pics to share later but today I wanted to post these carousel pics. Definitely the coolest carousel I've been on in a long time.

The whole family got in on the action....that's Dan and Emily up there.

Liam was going to ride this scary tiger, but you can see from the expression on his face that he thought twice about it....

and he ended up on a nice safe bench. You can see him back behind Em here.
The carousel was gorgeous. It had a vintage Wurlitzer...

and fantastic carvings.
During the ride, which was at a really fast speed, I attempted a couple of motion shots.
I have to admit that some of the horses were downright creepy.
And I thought the carousel was even more beautiful at night.

10 comments:

Shanna Jones said...

Too cool!

pat said...

I love a carousel--the old ones are sooo cool. You are right--those are scary-looking horses!

For Over 29 Years... said...

I love those! You got some great ones.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

I love carousels. These are great.

Michelle said...

what a beautiful carousel! all those colors and details make it really fun.

Mom2Drew said...

The colors are great and your motion shots make me feel like I'm right along riding it. Oh, and I've always thought those horses were a little on the creepy side, glad I'm not the only one.

Reds said...

Those horses are creepy!!! Beautiful carousel though!!

carrie said...

Hello Amy! Great shots. I was wondering if I could link your blog on mine, I just love coming everyday and seeing what you have to offer and I just love reading your posts, so I just wanted to know if if was okay that I shared your site with everyone!

Angela J. Prieto said...

Great photos Moody. Love the action shots.

Anonymous said...

LOL Poor Liam, but look at pretty Em posing. :-)