Monday, July 28, 2008

Pickin' and Grinnin'

I've mentioned here before that Dan has been a musician for many years. He's been in tons of bands, but that has fallen by the wayside in these past few years.


This past Saturday we were invited to a party at the home of one of Dan's old musician friends, and of course that was as good excuse as any for them to play together.

It was really nice to see Dan and his old pals having so much fun together.


I swear, Don is having fun, contrary to what his expression looks like here!



And I never saw this coming.


See, two weeks ago things hit rock bottom with Dan and I. They've been bad off and on for the past few years but this was a knock-down-drag-out fight to end all fights, and we both talked seriously about divorce.


And I don't really understand what exactly happened, but it's like a switch went off. We've fought and reconciled before, but not like this. Somehow, we've both realized how hateful we've been to each other and we've had some really deep talks. It's like we're two different people. We're working on things and I think we both feel a sense of real hope and trust in each other for the first time in a long time.


It's about time.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me happy!!!!

Mom2Drew said...

oh, I'm so glad. It gives me the warm fuzzies inside. What great fun everyone is having too.

Sara said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are in a better place, and that you both want the same things. Keeping you in our thoughts.

Jess said...

That is awesome to see him renewing his love for music. I bet that was such a release for him. I'm SO happy to hear things are looking up and your lines of communication, REAL communication, have opened up. It will all work out, I promise! {{{hugs}}}

pat said...

I'm so glad that you two were able to really talk, and really hear what each other was saying. Keep working at it--it'll work out. By the way, really like the detail shot of the steel guitar (is that right?)

Ginnie said...

Fun times! My favorite shot is the close-up of the guitar.

10ec said...

great shots and congrats on working things out. I wish you the best of luck.

Anonymous said...

What a truly beautiful guitar and its so neat that you have captured him playing it. Wonderful.

Joanne Fowler said...

That is wonderful news! Love the band, how fun!

Anonymous said...

if you women would let your men get out once in a while, maybe relive the old days a bit, the world would be a happier place.

Reds said...

So happy you are working things out with your husband! Love the "concert" shots!! Fun fun fun!

Debbi said...

These are such fun pictures! Make me smile!

Anonymous said...

These photos tell a story, Amy, and you are a smart woman who works for what you and your kids need. I hope only the best for you and Dan. And dmac? --men build their own cages, and they hold their own keys.

Anonymous said...

lou, i have to disagree, and am sorry to see a man try to keep another man down...

"Reunited, and it feels so good
Reunited, 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited
'Cause we're reunited
Hey, hey"

- Peaches and Herb

Michelle said...

so glad to hear that you two are doing better. perhaps you just cleared the air and now you can move on. love the pics--looks like he had a ton of fun.

Elsie said...

Well, I'm crying. This news makes me very happy, pally! I'm so glad my mom pointed me in this direction this morning for this good news.

Wonderful pictures!
Wonderful news. :-)

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Wonderful news! I hope everything works out for the best! And it looks like he is having a great time with the band!

Angela2932 said...

It does look like you're really connecting now! Try to remember this time when little things get in the way again. And settle down, Lou and dmac! There's good karma going on here now! I love the close up of the guitar. . . wonderful photo.

Anonymous said...

some things are just worth fighting for Amy-and marriage is one of them.There have been many times when it seemed easiest to just give up but in the long run I am so glad we were able to see through the BS and hold on to each other.
I hope you and Dan will be together for a very very long time!
mary

Amy said...

Note to Duh-Duh-Duh- DMac: Lou isn't a he, she's a SHE. And a very insightful she at that. ;-)

But thanks for the Peaches And Herb flashback.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Great shots of him playing, Awesome guitar and I am glad you are happy and communicating.

Angela J. Prieto said...

I'm so happy you and Dan are working things out Moody! ((((HUGS))))