Thursday, May 15, 2008

A lotsa lotsa skin!

A friend is getting married this weekend. Tonight, we went to get manicures and (gasp) pedicures. Now, I'm not much the manicure or pedicure type. I don't like those acrylic nails and how they ruin your own nails, allowing all those chemicals to leech into your body (she said, as she took a deep drag from her cigarette). Also, (gross out alert!) I have weird pinky toes. They're teensy and they're more on top of my foot than regular toes. Say I walked barefoot in the sand....it looks like I only have four toes because my stubby little pinkies don't touch the ground.

So I was a little apprehensive about getting the pedicure. Turns out, I really didn't need to worry about that part. Apparently, I should have worried about my cuticles and the fact that they're excessive. As she was trimming my nails and cuticles, the technician asked if it had been a long time since my last manicure. I admitted that this was in fact the first one I had ever had. She said "Oh! You have a lotsa lotsa skin!" Mortifying....yet hilarious.

Also, I've heard that pedicures are supposed to be heavenly. Mine? Not so much. That lady was ROUGH! My feet still feel a little raw from all that scrubbing.

So I made it through the manicure, the pedicure, and a very nice dinner. And now, I have less than 48 hours left before this wedding. I'm worried sick about the fact that I'm photographing it. What if my pictures all suck? What if somehow the pictures get lost? (That's never happened to me, but still!) I feel like a pretender and a fraud. I'm not a "real" photographer! I'm just a schmuck with a camera.

To quote the comic strip Cathy, "Ack!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photographs will turn out great; just take a million of them. And be sure to take some shots of your toes! Have fun. ;)

Anonymous said...

Pinky toes don't touch the ground? That is different. Maybe you could start a club.