Monday, May 12, 2008

So many pictures, so little time

My name is Amy.





I have a serious, serious problem.





I took 541 pictures.






TODAY.





I still have pictures from over the weekend that I wanted to post. Now I've got Presque Isle pics....

(can you see the baby owl?)





And flower pics.....









and macro pics.








I took about 300 of those pictures on an afternoon walk at Presque Isle. This morning, I went and had an MRI done on my left hand, which still hasn't healed since I broke my pinky finger in January. I have a programmable shunt in my brain, and the MRI can cause these to malfunction, so after the MRI, I headed to the neurosurgeon to have that checked. They reset the shunt and that caused a total BITCH of a headache, so I didn't go to work today. I went home and slept for a while and when I woke up, I decided to go out for some air.

After I got home, the UPS man came and brought my cheap-ass set of filters and adaptor for my camera. I've been reading up on adding filters and lenses to my camera and the verdict is split. Many in the photography community seem to feel it's like putting lipstick on a pig, while others say it's worth the extra expense. I decided to try an inexpensive set that has a few good reviews so I can see what I think without overspending.

Of course, trying them out meant an additional 200+ pictures this evening. Thank God for digital!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like filters! What did you get?

Love the water drops on the leaf, the robin, the pink color, the pink and green in the seed pods, and I can see that owl!

Anonymous said...

Oh--that last shot...the softness of the leaf, the crispness of the drops of water. That is heavenly! I can actually feel it when I look at that picture. You are getting SO GOOD!