Friday, March 21, 2008

As Promised





More wildlife, and the sunset for BcM.











And now for the big test of the evening:

My new camera takes video in HD; very good video indeed. Like any technology, though, it's only as good as the operator. I offer this caveat because I know what follows is nowhere near as good or impactful as it could be. When I was at the peninsula, taking pictures of the houseboats, I became aware that there was an enormous flock of birds, screeching their heads off in the nearby trees. I took a picture, but it didn't come close to capturing the full impact of the moment:

You can see the birds here, but they almost look like dead leaves or something. So I decided to try a video. I suck at shooting video, so please excuse the wild movements of the camera. (Oh, and also ignore the loud bang about 2/3rds of the way through. That's me running into the open car door. D'oh!) If you can hear the sound, you'll be amazed at the sheer volume of the flock.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Alfred Hitchcock! That is an amazing sight, and I bow to you, queen of the on-the-spot video. Incredible, Amy!

SLUSH said...

What great pics!!!!!