Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Shameless self-validation post

Today, I shared my blog with someone and she mentioned that she and her husband wanted beach portraits last summer but didn't end up having them done. She went on to ask if I did portraits. I said I was very interested in bettering my skills in this area and would love to try some out. (!!!)

Now, will it actually come to pass that I do in fact take pictures for her? Who knows. I hope so. It's possible that it could have been that type of conversation that doesn't actually lead to action...you know, the way we say, "We'll have to get together! I'll call you!" In any case, it felt great to be asked.

As a matter of fact, it made me feel like this:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to take portraits, go for it. As for me, that's just a sure fire confidence buster. I mean, even when I do a casual series of you-know-whose family, the response goes like this: my face is in the dark, my chin looks funny, what's that dark thing? :D

Amy said...

I just want to take portraits of someone other than my family! ;-)

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think Mom is talking about my family. :-D

I would be too chicken to do such a thing, Amy. But YOU are no chicken!

LOVE your new header and I love the addition of the quote!