Saturday, March 29, 2008

I don't want to break it, just see how far it will bend.


They say that life moves fast, and in the grand scheme of things, they're right. I think back on my first real boyfriend, of whom I still have very fond memories, and can't believe it was over 20 years ago that we were dating! Or I come across a picture of newborn Liam, with his kittenish "mew" when he was hungry, and wonder where the last 7 years went. But day by day, things can seem agonizingly slow. I'm going through a rough patch right now, and I think there will be drastic changes for me and my family in the next month or two.
Right now, I'm just trying to make it through the hours, and the days, and the weeks. It's tough sometimes, but my doctor has this pithy little saying: Inch by inch, life's a cinch; yard by yard, life is hard. That's deep, huh? So deep I think I just blew my own mind. Anyway, as trite as it seems, I am trying to keep that in mind, and make it through each minute, and each hour, and each day.
Today, I added a music player to my blog. Don't worry, I set it not to start up automatically, but if you're so inclined, you can click it and it will play whatever song you choose. I HIGHLY recommend all of them of course, but a couple of my absolute favorites on the list right now would be "Killing the Blues" by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, and "Foundations" by Kate Nash. As a matter of fact, the title of this entry is from the Queens of the Stone Age song, "Make it Wit Chu."
I have to make a run to the store because heavens to Betsy, we're out of juice! After that, I think I'll take a walk in the woods. I hope you're having a fine day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listened to several of your songs yesterday, especially Make It Wit Chu. Stay strong, girl.

Elsie said...

You know I'm here for you. Love you!

Elsie said...

[Listening to music now] Man! Alison Krauss' voice gives me chills every time I hear it.

Amy said...

I love thinking of Lou listening to Queens of the Stone Age!

And Else, I think that "A Punk" song by Vampire Weekend strikes me as a song Thomas would like!

SLUSH said...

Don't know what is going on....but know that I am here if you need me!!!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I'd love thinking of Amy listening to Hendrix do Purple Haze.

Amy said...

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky.

A Women's Studies prof in college was chagrined to learn this, but I like the song "Hey Joe." Yeah, I know it's about killin' his old lady 'cause he caught her messin' round with another man, and it's misogynistic, but I can't help it!