Monday, March 24, 2008

Nothing says Happy Easter like a trip to the cemetery!

After my houseful of guests (read: 3) left yesterday afternoon, Em was bored and wanted to take a walk. She asked if we could go to Little Clare's cemetery, but that's over an hour away, and I was in no condition to drive that far, what with all the bloating and exhaustion. So we went to a cemetery closer to home.

The cemetery is located at a church , which is named after the road it's on: Sterrettania. And in this cemetery I found lots of Sterretts buried. I hadn't ever thought of Sterrettania road being named for an actual family, but apparently it was.

(Note: the black and white conversions to the following were acheived using free actions by The Light's Right Studio. http://www.thelightsrightstudio.com/photoshop-tools.htm Check them out sometime...but not until you're done reading my blog.)












These shots use a free action called "Lomo" by Addicted2Design:



Then, I totally lost my mind and ran the Lomo action PLUS the b/w actions. Somebody stop me!!


And alas, it's almost time for me to get ready for work, so the freaky tree will have to wait until tonight. I promise, the freakiness will be worth the wait!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your cemetery shots!! Those are really cool! I love what that "Lomo" action does to the photos. I especially love that up-pointing finger! It seems so optimistic. ;-)

Amy said...

LMAO Elsie!!! I know!!!

Anonymous said...

What is the meaning of that finger? This side up? The way to heaven? We're Number 1?

Anonymous said...

Going UP!