Sunday, March 16, 2008

By George and eureka, and all that

OK, I am the newbiest newb EVER when it comes to Photoshop. I have a program (that I got free, bootlegged from a friend), that people pay hundreds of dollars for, and I can barely open a photo and make a couple of layers in it!
But tonight, I finally figured out how to install a program I've had for a while now called Virtual Photographer. (http://www.optikvervelabs.com/default.asp). This program gets installed into the "plug ins" folder of Photoshop or whatever photo editor you use. Once installed, it shows in the filters as "Virtual Photographer." When you click that filter, the program opens in a new window. You choose your edits and then click "process." VP does the rest, applying the cool-ass filter to your image in PS or whatever you're using. Want to see a few?

Here's my original image....Liam being a nature boy a couple of springs ago.


And here are just a few of the 75 or so different filters I have available now:
Ambience:

Faded:
Blue tone:

Dramatic:
sea foam:
I've got some playing around to do, and it's easy enough that I'm not getting frustrated.
On a side note, I broke down and went to the creek to take pictures today. I wanted to go alone, but I got guilted into taking the fam along. I should have known....10 minutes in, there were complaints about cold, wet feet and how hard it was to walk in the slush! I did take a couple of neat pics though. I'll save those for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Shut UP! Those effects are so cool!

Elsie said...

Damn...I just followed the link for that plug-in and it looks like it's PC ONLY!! :-(