Sunday, March 16, 2008

Damnit, photography, I wish I knew how to quit you.

OK, so I said I wasn't going to take any more pictures until I could see something green. But yesterday I went out to Wintergreen Gorge and came home 230 pictures later. The creek was interesting. Not as interesting as it probably would have been a week ago, with the ice and heavy snow, but still pretty darn neat. The problem is, it's not accessible unless you take a path through the woods (a path that's currently alternating between slush and mud) or walk up the creek itself. So last week would have been nearly impossible, and today, the path it was. Had I gone alone, I would have stayed longer and travelled further in, but about 20 minutes into our walk, Em stepped in deep mud that actually sucked her shoe off and got both her feet soaked. 5 minutes after that, Liam slid into a ditch filled with water that was over his boots. So that settled that, we hoofed it back to the car for a cold ride home.
But not before I got some cool shots:
Sister watches Brother and shakes her head internally. She NEVER acted this way...did she?
Pine bough

Dreamy, isn't she?

When I first went to the creek, I was hoping there would still be some ice formations, but most of them were melted. So with the pics of the creek itself, I got interested in getting as close as possible and trying to capture the movement of the water:





And since it's almost Easter, we can't forget the ham!

3 comments:

Elsie said...

Gorgeous pictures, Amy! I especially love that dreamy shot of Em. What a beautiful girl!!

Anonymous said...

Emily, like all adolescent girls, has no idea how beautiful she is. So you keep those photos, Mom, so you can show her later! Liam is a pip!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Elsie and Lou. It's another trifecta.