Wednesday, March 12, 2008

On a photo boycott

OK, that's IT. I am so flipping SICK of pictures of snow and ice. I am not taking any more pictures until I can see something green! And knowing the weather around here, it could be awhile.
Anyway, I have a series of ice pics planned for tomorrow, but instead of new pics for a couple of weeks, I plan to focus on my (not so) mad Photoshop skillz.
Tonight, I played with this picture I took yesterday:
I was thrilled to see the swans mixed in with the every-day Canada geese and the ducks. We don't get many swans around here year-round; mostly just in the spring and late fall as they rest during migration.
So I wanted to highlight the swans here. I cropped the photo and used Hard Light as well as a couple of different filters. The problem is, I tried and rejected so many different filters that I can't remember which ones I kept! I think I'll have to start making lists on a notepad of which ones I actually use on different photos. Anyway, here's the final result. I think it's a much better photo, don't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MUCH better! The crop focuses on the real interest, the swans seem whiter and bigger, the water is a prettier blue. I like you idea of using this icy time to practice with Photoshop. And I can't wait to see some results.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes DEFINITELY! That is a much better picture. The color is so much better.

Go Amy! Go Amy!