Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Good Day, Sunshine

I guess it's the new camera. Usually, I'm a chronic snooze-button-hitter every single morning. We're talking so bad I set my alarm for like 45 minutes before I actually have to get out of bed. But this morning, I woke up on the first alarm and decided I had time to go try to get some sunrise pictures before work.

As I drove onto the peninsula, I could see the moon setting over the water and had to stop for a couple of shots.
Then it was on to the East Pier to try to catch the sun's appearance.
When I first arrived, there was just a hint of red and pink and orange at the bottom of some low clouds. The sky above them was already clear and bright.
I managed to get a couple of shots of the lighthouse as the sun came up further. And all too soon, it was time to head back home and get ready for work.

17 comments:

For Over 29 Years... said...

OH my goodness LOVE the lighthouse pics!!! Looks like the new camera is agreeing with you!

Reds said...

You are so good to get up so early to get those beautiful shots!! All worth it!! :)

Becky said...

Woohoo! The moon shot is my favorite!

Chell said...

wow wow and umm yea WOW, love them. that first one is incredible

Anonymous said...

These are great! I love the lighthouse photos!
Cari

Sharon said...

You are having too much fun! ;)

Liz said...

OMGosh the moon shot is awesome!!!!! Congrat on the new camera. :)

Margaret said...

You and your camera are getting to be good friends already, I can tell. These shots are wonderful! That lighthouse is so pretty!

Mom2Drew said...

Omgoodness...ANOTHER sunrise lover like myself. This is my favorite time of day to shoot. Congrats, you and your new camera are getting along GREAT!

Shannon said...

very pretty!!! :)

pat said...

Boy, are you ever having fun! LOVE the moon photo--so gorgeous! And I've never seen a lighthouse I didn't go nuts over--the shots are giving me a fix.

Suzy said...

Love that moon shot! Just breathtaking I can imagine you felt the same thing while taking it!

Anonymous said...

Those are just FANTASTIC!
I was up early and got to see that full moon decending in the sky as well.
Thanks for sharing these.

Jess said...

Oh wow, I admire your dedication! These totally rock, and were SO worth getting up early for! (and that is coming from a fellow morning grump here, LOL!)

Angela2932 said...

These are gorgeous and so worth getting up for!

Bobbi said...

I love these shots! I can tell you are rocking your new camera too...how exciting. And I just gotta say-love your hair color!

Anonymous said...

The moonset is one of your most beautiful photos. Your early morning foray is inspiring!