Monday, October 27, 2008

Leaf Angels, Rainbows, and Tacky Backdrops

As I am often wont to do, I got sidetracked by cemetery pictures for the past couple of days. I still have some Niagara Falls pictures to share, including actual pics of the falls themselves. Today, though, I thought I'd share some funny shots.
Well, except for the rainbow. That's not really a funny pic. Unless you imagine a leprechaun down there guarding his pot of gold, I guess.
For funny, you have to look at the shots of the kids posing in front of the cheesy backdrop for the "Cave of the Winds" tour. This is a tour where you take an elevator to the base of the falls and walk around all upclose and personal-like. In my opinion, much better for a hot summer day than for one where temps are in the 50s. We had fun with the photo op, though!
Liam is the king of the boardwalk.This is Em's "Aaaaaah, I'm falling!" pose. Don't ask.
In further "Don't Ask" news, you remember jumping into a leaf pile as a kid, right? Sure you do. But I bet you never laid down on a public path in the middle of a giant tourist attraction, er, I mean Natural Wonder and made yourself a leaf angel. I should have taken pictures of some of the looks they were getting.And there you have it...just as pretty as the more traditional snow angel, don't you think?

14 comments:

KRISTIE said...

we do sand angels here :)
too cute
love the rainbow

Jackie's Shot said...

Great pics. For some reason I am having trouble pea mailing you. There is a photo seminar Saturday near Buffalo. Let me know if you want to come along. I am driving up by myself. ~Jackie

Suzy said...

Wow that first shot is gorgeous! Love these!!

Margaret said...

Love the color in these shots. Those leaf angels are great!

Athena said...

We just saw the Falls for the first time in June. Love the leaf angels! And your cemetery shots below are intriguing :)

S.Kremer said...

The first shot is AMAZING! WOW! I love seeing fall pictures where people are playing around in the leaf piles. I have to get my kiddos out and take some shots like that:)
Shawna (shawkrem)

Anonymous said...

What a GORGEOUS rainbow. Its such a treat to see one, don't you think?

I just love the pictures of the kids playing in the leaves. It is just classically fun!

Liz said...

Love the shots in front of the cheesy background! Too funny!

Reds said...

Too cute! Love the shots in front of the falls!!

Mom2Drew said...

Wow, that rainbow is beautiful and those leave angles rock. Oh, and my family used to do the SAME thing with backgrounds like that...hilarious.

Anonymous said...

You captured the end of the rainbow!

It is always a treat to see the kids. That weekend at the falls looks like such fun for all of you.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Such a pretty rainbow. What fun angels.

Becky said...

Hee! These shots definitely made me smile. And I love your W comment on the post below!

Angela J. Prieto said...

Wow, that first picture is stunning!! And the leaf angels are very cute!