Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Liquid Thunder

Behold, the majesty that is Niagara Falls!
Imagine the roaring water rushing over the incredible precipice, thousands upon thousands of gallons every minute.
In pictures like these, it's easy to see why no one has ever survived a plunge over its terrifying heights! (Note: No one has survived a plunge over the American Falls. Several people have survived going over the less-rocky Canadian Falls. --ed.)
Oh...wait. Those are just the rapids.
Watch your step!
These are the American Falls as seen from Goat Island.
And here we are in all our bulgy glory.
To the west of the American Falls is a smaller falls called Bridal Veil.
See the little yellow ants down there? Those are the people on the Cave of the Winds tour I mentioned yesterday.
Here's one attraction I'm too scared to try: The Maid of the Mist boat! It goes way to close to the falls for my comfort level.
No, I prefer to look from a safer distance.
And on a somewhat-unrelated note, I managed to catch a very rare moment of brotherly/sisterly love while we were leaving.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

These shots are georgous! Love them alL!
Cari

Reds said...

Those two last shots are too sweet!! Awwww!! And love the fall shots!

Bobbi said...

Oh wow these shots are beautiful, I can really hear the water from them. And how stinking cute are those last shots, such a great moment!

Sharon said...

Great captures! The falls looks so different from the American side.

Vanessa said...

Love the last two shots, and the falls are GORGEOUS!

Cindi Koceich said...

The falls are seriously amazing! You did a great job of capturing their majesty!

Chell said...

I love the falls, these are some great images

Angela2932 said...

AWESOME! (especially the last 2!) And I just commented on your Stumble account. I'm trying it on mine. . . although I don't really understand it :(

Joanne Fowler said...

Oh wow! These are great! and the color is amazing!

Anonymous said...

okay, first great shots.
I admire your courage and confidence in showing your individuality on screen!
but...after having been to the Falls a few hundred times, are you sure that no one has survived the plunge? i seem to recall, on one of our many visits, the tour tellling us that a couple of individuals have survived [NOT that anyone should try it!!!]! But, I could be in error also. lol.
anyway, thanks for posting the photos.

Becky said...

These are so pretty--great colors! And that last one is so sweet.

Mom2Drew said...

Gorgeous!! Love that blue.

But...it's the last shot that took my breath away.

Anonymous said...

Spectacular as the falls themselves are, they are made even more beautiful by the fall colors in the trees. So, so lovely. Look at that Liam. :)

Margaret said...

Those are absolutely incredible pictures. Wow!

Tori said...

These are all so beautiful! This is one of those places where I really want to visit one day....

Angela J. Prieto said...

These shots are awesome Moody!!! But I have to say that the last one is my favorite! ;)