Thursday, October 2, 2008

Presque Isle on a Blustery Day

We took a walk down at Presque Isle this afternoon. It's not all that common for Lake Erie to get big waves, not like the ocean or anything, so it was pretty awe-inspiring to see this today.

The sky was beautiful, with lots of fluffy clouds, and the sun was ducking in and out and creating some really interesting light patterns. The waves would crash against the breakwalls and create these huge jets of spray...and I wasn't quick enough to capture them, but there were two dumb seagulls who thought the breakwall would be a good place to land, and they got doused.And we weren't the only ones who braved the cold winds today. I saw one other person enjoying the show.

14 comments:

Reds said...

First off - love your new header!!! And love your lake shots!!

Jess said...

WOW, that is AMAZING! I guess I never realized the lakes got waves like that. Your new headed is GREAT! :)

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

WOW! That is so amazingly beautiful! Hard to believe it's a lake.

Anonymous said...

These are breathtaking...all of them!
Cari

Kari said...

Ugh, I'm so jealous right now! These are fabulous, by the way!

Sharon said...

Until that last one, your could have been anywhere warm. ;)

Mom2Drew said...

I LOVE all that blue. I can feel the peace looking at these.

Bobbi said...

Oh wow these are just such a pretty scene. I am so jealous I live nowhere close to anything like this.

Angela2932 said...

These look COLD and impressive! I love the moody appeal of the last shot.

pat said...

Oh Amy, I love these! I grew up on Lake Michigan, and I love the fall storms that stir up the sand at the bottom. Wonderful shots; wonderful colors!!!

Azul said...

Beautiful color are you sure that is the lake. hehehehe just kidding and can you beleive it is not raining. Thank you for the lake photos....

Joanne Fowler said...

Beautiful! I so need a vacation...

Suzy said...

What a beautiful place!

Anonymous said...

How lucky to catch a day when the lake became an ocean--beautiful.