Monday, October 13, 2008

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!

IT CAME! IT CAME!!
My new baby, the Nikon D60 came today...woo hoo! Sadly, by the time I got home from work and charged up the battery, there wasn't a ton of light left to get out and take pictures, but I managed to snap a few!
This being my first outing, I'm still learning the ins and outs of the lens and the focusing. (I found myself trying to push the non-existant "Zoom" button a bunch of times, and I didn't take it off "auto" yet.)
As the light began to wane, we zipped down to Presque Isle for a couple of sunset pictures.All in all, I'm pretty happy but I've got a lot of learning to do! (Of course, that's a big part of the fun for me.) Tomorrow, I plan to get out an hour or two earlier and get some more practice in. Thanks to stupid old UPS my two extra lenses got misrouted so they probably won't arrive until Wednesday. Bah!

18 comments:

Reds said...

Congrats on your new toy!! You will have loads and loads of fun learning with this great camera!

Anonymous said...

Great shots...I LOVE that last one. Congrats on the new camera! Bummer about the lenses!
Cari

Jackie's Shot said...

Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful photos with your new camera. I bet you were so excited it came. ~Jackie

Margaret said...

Great shots! I'm sure you will have such a fabulous time with your new toy. Can't wait to see more!

Sharon said...

Congratulations!

Love all that color!

Becky said...

Yay!!! You're off to a great start--you're going to have so much fun!

Chell said...

Hurray for the new camera. Lots of fun shots, can't wait to see what you do with your new toy

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Wow, how fun!!! Congrats- I love these shots! That last one is so pretty!

Joanne Fowler said...

Congrats! How fun! The one with the circle post thingies in the water - that is an awesome shot!!!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!

The shot of you and the new baby put a little lump in my throat. I am so happy for you, Amy!

Now, for the important part: is that the specter of a purple ghost I see in one of those photos?

Stacey said...

Awesome! Great photos!

pat said...

Yea Amy!!! You are going to have sooooo much fun; look at what you are doing already! I absolutely LOVE that last sunset shot...just gorgeous.

Stacey said...

Great shots. I grew up in Erie and lived there the first 18 years of my life. Love to visit your blog. Takes me home:)

Kitten said...

That last shot is fantastic! You'll get the hang of that new camera in no time!

Donnah Ciempka said...

Congrats on the new toy - I love the sunset shots.

Anonymous said...

HOLY MOLY! Those are beautiful photos. I just love the last one of the sky with all of the great colors, but all of them are spectacular. Congrats on your new camera.

Elsie said...

Woo Hooooo! Congratulations Amy! Those are gorgeous, gorgeous photos!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations Amy! Super photos! Anxiously awaiting more to come...
Have fun!