Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Impromptu Weekend Part 3: Water (and other things) at Night

As evening drew near, we headed over to our hotel to get checked in and rest from the drive and the garden walk.
Our room was one that was set up around a big courtyard, with lots of live plants, a play area for kids, and a pool. (Liam's main draw for the trip.)

The kids decided to take a dip...
but Dan just dangled his feet in the water. (And I didn't even get that far.)The two of us had enough fun just watching the kids.After we got dried off and had some dinner, we headed out to see the falls. Our path took us down Clifton Hill, which is the main tourist trap on the Canadian side.I like the garish lights and the noise and the tackiness.
I mean, really, how could you not love to see Frankenstein's monster holding a Whopper?!?
We also saw the new SkyWheel, but didn't go on. Just too dang cold. (Not to mention pricey! $13 per person. $54 for all of us to ride on a ferris wheel? Not.)
When you get to the bottom of Clifton Hill and cross the street, you're directly across from the American Falls. They're so pretty when they're lit up at night.

I got a couple of fuzzy shots of the skyline on the Canadian side...
As for the Canadian Falls, I didn't get a close shot. We approached, but as we got closer, the mist from the falls was so heavy it was almost like a steady rain. I didn't want to risk getting my new baby wet! So a distant shot will have to do!

7 comments:

For Over 29 Years... said...

Great falls shots! I love how the light comes from under it.

Chell said...

wow those are some fun shots. Love the Feris wheel shot

Sharon said...

Wow! It really has built up! Nice captures!

Reds said...

What a fun trip!! Love your night shots!!

Anonymous said...

How blue that pool water. I have long wanted to see Niagara Falls. I admire how your camera is capturing night lights--vivid colors.

Becky said...

I've never been to Niagara Falls and didn't have an interest in it until now. It would be worth it just to see Frankenstein eating the Whopper, I think!

Bobbi said...

Your night pictures are so gorgeous! Looks like everyone had so much fun.