Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Go cry, emo kid.

I wanted to practice some portraits and darker shots tonight so Em obliged me. We went down to the railroad tracks on beautiful Greengarden Boulevard, scene of many a muffler scrape. There's this big abandoned factory right there, and we snuck under the fence for a minute. Then I chickened out because I started thinking about mean watchmen and that scary-ass MothMan movie.

Note: Em isn't quite as emo as she appears to be in these shots. She actually smiles sometimes. Later we headed out to the North Pier at Presque Isle and I actually got some sweeter expressions. I'll save those for tomorrow.





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first shot is pure pre-Raphaelite, such languid tones of skin and hair against skin. Really lovely. I especially like the black and white photos with Emily near and behind the chain-link fence because they have subtext. As "boy" as Liam is, I really think that Em is your best subject.

Elsie said...

Those are wonderful! I'm in love with that brick wall and broken window panes. Fantastic background to play with! Em rocks the emo looks, but her beauty really shines through.