Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Standpipe


Contrary to the title of this post, I don't really know WHAT this thing is.



Last Saturday when I was on my drive towards home, I came across a pull-off that said "Fisherman Parking." I pulled in, thinking I'd be able to get a couple of nice shots of the water. And while I did get a couple of nice shots of the water, I was more intrigued by this pipe near the parking lot.

Water was streaming up and just bubbling back to the ground. There wasn't a drain or a grate nearby that I could see, and this obviously didn't look like a drinking fountain. Maybe it's there for the fishermen to rinse off with, but that seems odd.

Anyway, whatever it was, it made for a couple of interesting pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what that thing is, but if it were in California, someone would be fined for wasting water. LOL Incredible shots of the water as it pools at the top of the pipe just before spilling--gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

The shots of that thing are really cool!

Rhonda

Elsie said...

What IS that thing! Very cool shots!